Continued Learning In Utah with Gordon Christensen
Last month, 227 dentists from across the nation gathered for a weekend of learning at the CR Dentistry Update 2017 in Snowbird, Utah , . This course attracted a crowd from 30 states and Canada, and I was one of the many who were eager to learn the newest techniques and information on the cutting edge of the future of best practices in dentistry. I value continued education and seek out new learning experiences in order to give my patients the best treatment that I can and to stay up to date with the latest new developments in my field to be the best that I can be at what I do.
Over the two days, Gordon Christensen, founder of the world renowned CR Foundation, have lectures and moderated them along with his wife Rela, PhD and hygienist. The course covered a diverse range of 25 topics with important and useful information in the advancements of the following:
• Diagnosis and treatment Planning
• Esthetic Dentistrt
• Impant Dentistry
• Operative Dentistry
• Oral/Maxillofacial Radiology
• Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
• Pediatric Dentistry
• Preventive Dentistry
• Prothodontics:fixed, removable, and implant
• Plus other highly relevant topics in all areas of dentistry
My biggest takeaways from the two days of lectures were a mix of technical knowledge and a personal perspective check. I continue to attend Dr. Christensen's lectures because I have seen Dr. Christensen in the past and ALWAYS learn new information to immediately use. He reminds you of the chemistry and variation of the actual products in the market place. He reinforces what I do and informs when there is a better way or allows me to add a new wrinkle in what I have been doing.
My technical and
practical knowledge has been updated by learning more about the following points.
1. I learned about the top digital impression companies and an overview of their products.
2. New techniques for cementing Zirconia products.
3. Curing light designs and pitfalls and how to maximize curing capacity.
4. I learned about the science of debonding failures, including the physics and chemistry.
5. How to make temporary crowns and bridges more aesthetically pleasing.
6. How to desensitize teeth with laser.
7. I learned about periodontal antibiotics.
8. I also learned the latest on dental and medical coding.
9. Carries control.
This course was very enlightening and reaffirmed why I continue to go to Dr. Christensen's course s and why I value education and professional development. It is a much needed perspective check to keep in mind that the dental sales people and dental product companies always lead you to their biased opinions. Whereas, the CR foundation is neutral and shares the good, the bad and the ugly. It helps me know that I am on the cutting edge or if there is anything I can alter to improve results. I DO IT FOR MY PATIENTS.
I have also purchased and am learning more from a few additional at-home study courses from Dr. Christiansen. They are:
1. Bruxism Prevention & Treatment
2. Easy Crown Lengthening
3. Snoring & Sleep Apnea---Prevention & Treatment
4. Foolproof Single Crown procedure